Use this paper piecing technique to create a bright fun-filled birthday greeting.
- CH172 Midnight Black Accent Pearls
- CH175 Spring Felt Flowers
- K5172 Make A Wish Messages
- K5175 Houndstooth Background
- S5101 DesignBlock: Raindrop Background
- CL332 Friendship
- AF101 Black Ink Pad
- AF146 Soft Pool Shadow Ink
- MS204 Colorbox Chalk Queue – Pumpkin Patch
- PS526 Lime Notecards with Envelopes
- Pattern Papers Blue(Heidi Grace)
- Tan (Scenic Route)
- Yellow (Heidi Swapp)
- White Sharpie
- Using Soft Pool ink, stamp Raindrop background on the top two thirds of a Baby Blue card and Houndstooth Background on the bottom third. Be careful not to overlap too much.
- Using a green ink, stamp Make a Wish Messages on Lime cardstock and trim off the border. Attach it to a slightly larger piece of white card stock.
- Isolating the words Happy Birthday on the fourth line, stamp the message stamp again on blue pattern paper. (Use tape to cover the surrounding areas you don’t want inked up. Ink the words. Remove the tape before stamping.) Trim a 4 ¼” long strip.
- Place the strip so that it covers the same words on the green piece. Adhere it all to the card front so that the strip covers the area where the two backgrounds come together. Add three smooth gemstones to the strip.
- Stamp the owl on the blue and yellow pattern papers and again on white cardstock. Cut out the wings from the blue, the eyes from the white and adhere them to the yellow owl. Add the tan pattern to the owl’s belly.
- Using a white Sharpie pen, add a white dot to the Midnight Black Accent Pearls for the eyes.
- Further embellish the owl with a flower made from a Felt flower a smooth pearl and string.
Highlight a portion of a multi message stamp by stamping it again in a different color and layering it on top.